There are millions of internet users all around the world. In order to enjoy the high speed internet, a lot of people prefer broadband connection. Wi-Fi router is required when you choose broadband internet connection. You can get the Wi-Fi connection for your home, shops, cafe, offices, schools, shopping malls, etc. and enjoy unlimited uninterrupted internet supply. If you are setting up your Wi-Fi router, then you’ll need to have some basic information like the login page, possible default usernames, passwords, etc. There are a lot of people who don’t know how to set up the Wi-Fi router or change the Wi-Fi password or Reset router. Here in this blog, we are going to share everything about Wi-Fi login, password and settings.
IP Address – 192.168.1.1
Internet Protocol (IP) address 192.168.1.1 is the default gateway to most ADSL or cellular routers. There are many IP addresses a router can take and the most common one is 192.168.l.l, while some alternatives include 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1. They are also referred to as host addresses. Through 192.168.1.1 you can reach your router’s browser address bar. A router server can be reached via 192.168.1.1 and you can configure your networks. Once you have reached your router admin screen, you can configure many things like for IP Qos, DNS, VPN, LAN, Proxy, WAN, network management, protection, WLAN configuration, PPPOE, MAC, DSL and DHCP client. Different networking devices have different IP addresses. But if your IP address is not 192.168.1.1, then what is it and how to find it. Here are the details.
Suggested: How to Allocate More Ram to Minecraft?
How to Find Router IP Address on Windows?
Step 1: Open the search bar, type “Control Panel” and then hit enter
Step 2: Multiple options will appear on the screen and you have to click View network status and tasks under “Network and Internet.”
Step 3: Once you enter in the page, you will find Connection: Wi-Fi and If you are connected to directly via an Ethernet cable, then you might find Connection: Ethernet instead.
Step 4: Click on Connection: Wi-Fi or Connection: Ethernet and then click on Details in the pop-up box.
Step 5: Then your router’s IP address will appear next to IPv4 Default Gateway.
192.168.1.1 has been assigned as the default gateway or access point by which computers on the network are interacting and integrating with the rest of the world. That’s why the default gateway is 192.168.1.1. This standardization makes it simple for lay people to remember the address to access the router’s administrative console by typing 192.168.1.1 into the browser’s address bar.
Most premium router manufacturers like D-link, Asus, NETGEAR, Cisco, Linksys, Tp-Link, Tenda, SMC Networks, Huawei and Dell use 192.168.1.1 have their router IP. You can also check the IP address of the router in manual mentioning
How to login 192.168.1.1 in 5 steps?
Step 1: Visit http://192.168.1.1 or just enter 192.168.1.1 in your web browser
Step 2: If you are facing any error, then check your IP address by following above shared steps and once you find it, just introduce it into your browser’s URL address
Step 3: Now you’ll be directed to router’s user login panel.
Step 4: Enter the router username and password. (Mostly the router username is admin and password is admin/Password)
Step 5: After entering the router’s admin control panel, you can configure settings.
What to do if I forgot IP address username and password?
If you are unable to enter the control panel due to the wrong username or password, then you can follow the steps below –
- When you buy the router, it comes packaged in a box. Just check the box, as most companies mention username, password, and IP address on the box.
- If you have already changed your login detail and forgot, then reset the router to factory settings. To reset the router, take a sharp object like pen, needle or toothpick, find the hidden reset button on router and press and hold that button for 10-15 seconds with the help of object.
How to Change 192.168.1.1 Router Password?
To change the router password, just visit the router admin page and go to
advanced settings > Router Admin > Change Password> Enter Old and New Password
and save. You’re done! Now the password of router has been changed.
Router IP address, Default Username, and Password:
|Router Manufacturer||IP address||User Name||Password|
How to change the Wi-Fi password?
There are different steps to change the Wi-Fi passwords for different routers. Here is the step-by-step guide to change Wi-Fi Password for –
How to change the TP-Link Wi-Fi password
- First, you’d have to log in to Router admin panel using its default IP Address – 192.168.1.1.
- Now, just enter the default username and password.
- Navigate to Wireless, then Wireless Security, then WPA/WPA2 – Personal and finally Password.
- Now change the password by entering password according to your preferences and save the changes.
How to change the D-Link Wi-Fi password
- If you have a D-Link router, then you need to log in to your router settings admin panel via its default IP Address – 192.168.1.1
- Now enter your username and password.
- Go to Wireless option, then Wireless Security, then Security Mode set to WPA2 only and then at Pre-Shared Key, you can enter your preferred password.
- After entering the password, apply the changes, restart your router and enter the new Wi-Fi password in your phone
How to change the Netgear Wi-Fi password
- To change the password of Wi-Fi with NETGEAR Router, you need to open your router settings admin panel using its default IP address – 192.168.1.1
- Just enter the default username and password.
- Then Go to Wireless > Security Options > Select WPA2-PSK [AES] > Now enter your preferred password.
- To apply the changes, you need to restart your router.
How to change the Cisco Wi-Fi password
- For Cisco Router, log in to your router settings admin panel by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser.
- Enter the username and password.
- Under 2.4GHz Wireless Security, type a new password according to your preference for the network in the Pre-Shared Key field.
- At last, apply changes and restart your router.
If you have router from other brands, then check on YouTube to how to change the Wi-Fi password of that respective router.
Suggested: How to install Kodi on a Chromecast:
What if things don’t go as you plan?
So everything shared above is good if it went according to plan. The default usernames, passwords, the fast configuration of the wireless system, the router and 192.168.1.1 worked well. We’re not all that lucky all the time, are we? If one of the web links works for you, there may be one or more problems for not accessing the login page links. Following might be the reasons for not being able to access the login page/setting page –
- Incorrect Proxy has been Installed which might block sites like 192.168.1.1
- Your router might be damaged
- You are using a prefix like WWW or https before 192.168.1.1 but it’s not required
- You are entering the wrong username or password
This is the elaborated guide to 192.168.1.1 login, password and username change and other wireless settings. If you still find any issue, just enter your problem on YouTube and get the answer. According to us, this might be enough information to make the changes or configure settings. To keep your internet safe from hackers and Wi-Fi password thieves, you need to keep changing your passwords and other login details.